Friday, June 20, 2008

My choice of hair transplant doctor

Choosing a hair transplant doctor can be very tough. Nearly all the good hair transplant doctors have something very special about them. I chose the one that fit my requirements. Let not my choice bias your decision. Just as I did, choose your doctor based on whom you feel comfortable with. One whom you feel can deliver the things you wish from your hair restoration. If possible, meet his former patients, see results that come close to what you wish to restore and talk about your wishes frankly to the doctor.

I chose Dr. Arvind Poswal (aka Dr. A). He had worked wonders for many other patients. I met some of them and got in touch with many others through email. All of them held him in high regard and were happy with their hair transplant. Dr. A went over all the details with me, what I wanted, what was possible and what were the pitfalls. Unlike some others, he is passionate about the work he does. He discusses all the bad possibilities (future hair loss, need of more and more HTs), in great detail. I liked his scholarly approach.
Most important he had done similar youthful hairlines as I wanted. He was not limited to strip and could harness a lot more types of hair.
Also important for me was the cost. I do not know about the millionaires who can choose to let cost not be a factor. For me it was, and is.

I was fortunate to find Dr. A and I feel he is not only a very accomplished hair transplant surgeon, but the best value for money too.

No comments: